Tuesday, 25 May 2010

What A Difference

This piece means a lot to me, I wrote it when I was going through a tough time in my life. Again it needs a little work.


~~~~~~~~~~~~


I step out into the clear fresh air, the sun beating against my face, the soft grass beneath my bare feet, I lay my checked blanket on the grass, I lay myself upon it and closed my eyes, I listened to the sweet songs from the birds singing, the gentle breeze rustling the leaves on the tall trees.

I open my eyes and look up at the clear blue sky, the fluffy clouds floating across the sky, beautifully coloured butterflies fluttering in the air, not a sound from passing cars or any sort of conversation, just the sounds of butterflies wings and the songs from the birds, the stunning sights of daffodils and bluebells making their way into the world, bamboo shoots and ivy climbing the walls, scents from plants making honey for the bee's, clean cut grass and clean air

I step out onto the gravelly ground, stepping on bullet shells as I went, by passing limbs as I run through the polluted air, the sound of explosions and gun shots soaring through my ears, the smell of rotting bodies and smoke mingles in the air escaping up my nose, sweat dripping down my face, men screaming in pain as they have arms and legs blown off.

The adrenalin pumping through my veins at the thought of me living through another day, my gun in my hands ready to fight for my country, an image of my wife and daughter imbedded into my brain, wishing and hoping I was with them, I look proudly at my identity tag, tears in my eyes as I knew I would be home soon, a pain ripped through my shoulder, I fell to the ground, blood seeping from my wound, my heart begins to slow down, my eye lids dropping


What kind of world do you think we live in?



No comments:

Post a Comment