Wednesday, 26 May 2010

Why?

I was inspired to write this from watching Ellen Degeneres discussing the death of a young boy who was murdered.

I felt a pain sore through my head as one blow hit me, another one a second later. I lay on the ground, hands and feet punching me and kicking me. Abuse shouted in my face. Sneers and chants echoed my ears as an incredible surge of pain rushed through my stomach. I was blinded by my suffering, I could hear laughing and swearing, tears welled my eyes, I didn’t give them the satisfaction of seeing me weak. I lifted my self up only to be pushed back down. I lay lifeless as they continued to beat me, three or four of them laying into me. I could feel the blood trickling down my face, my head was heavy and my body pathetic, I wanted them to stop, I wanted to beg for them to stop but I didn’t have the strength. It began to rain, the cold droplets of water hitting my face, it felt nice, different, almost refreshing, making me forget for a second. One last course of agony soared through my stomach, it was an unfamiliar feeling, I opened my eyes to see the smirks on the faces of my attackers, this pain I was feeling was excruciating, I grabbed my stomach and looked at my hands, blood covered them, I closed my eyes again to hear the whispers and sniggers before them running off, leaving me there. Thoughts of my past and my family filled my head as I knew my time was running out, I knew this was it. My head began to spin and my body began to become heavy, I could feel myself slowly giving up. One last question entered my head before I went. Why me?

I knew exactly why.

I was GAY that’s why!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it is beautiful and very powerful.
    Thanks for writing this !

    ReplyDelete